Advancing Excellence Campaign Unveils New Goals
The Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes campaign has unveiled new quality goals, along with resources to help nursing homes achieve them.
The new quality goals will be discussed at a webinar on September 10. Registration is available online.
The nine new goals are split between “process goals”:
- Improving staff stability;
- Increasing use of consistent assignment;
- Increasing person-centered care planning and decision making; and
- Safely reducing hospitalizations;
And “clinical goals”:
- Using medications appropriately;
- Increasing resident mobility;
- Preventing and managing infections safely;
- Reducing the prevalence of pressure ulcers; and
- decreasing symptoms of pain.
All nursing homes in the country are encouraged to commit to at least one process goal and one clinical goal.
The Advancing Excellence website features numerous resources designed to help nursing home leaders achieve each goal. The resources also include materials specifically designed for residents, families, staff and others.
Just over 60 percent of U.S. nursing homes are participating in the campaign.
— by Matthew Ozga