Representatives Needed for Advancing Excellence Workgroups
Staff and consumer representatives are needed for several workgroups for the Advancing Excellence in America’s Nursing Homes Campaign (AE), which is working to reinvigorate efforts to improve the quality of care and quality of life for those living or recuperating in America’s nursing homes.
AE is seeking representatives for the following workgroups at the noted times:
- Improve Staff Stability and Consistent Assignment Consumer representatives needed Conference calls the 2nd and 3rd Friday of the month at 9:00 a.m. EST Workgroup Chair — Barbara Bowers, R.N., Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing and Center for Excellence in Long-Term Care
- Reduce Hospitalizations Safely Staff and consumer representatives needed Conference calls every Friday from 12:00-1:00 p.m. EST Workgroup Chair — Mary Jane Koren, M.D., M.P.H., The Commonwealth Fund
- Use Medications Appropriately Staff and consumer representatives needed Conference calls every Friday from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Workgroup Chair — Nicki Brandt Pharm.D., B.C.P.P., C.G.P., F.A.S.C.P., University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Increase Resident Mobility Staff and consumer representatives needed Conference calls every Friday 1:00-2:00 p.m. EST Workgroup Chair — Mary Jane Koren, M.D., M.P.H., The Commonwealth Fund
- Prevent and Manage Infections Safely Workgroup Staff representatives needed Conference calls every Friday from 2:00-3:00 pm EST Workgroup Chair — Nimalie Stone, M.D., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
More information on the workgroups and the campaign goals is available at the AE website. Contact Chris Condeelis at the American Health Care Association to learn more about being a workgroup representative.
— by Deane Beebe