Pioneer Conference Features Multiple PHI Workshops
PHI will be well represented at the upcoming Pioneer Network National Conference, the country’s largest conference dedicated to culture change.
This year’s conference will be held August 4-7 in Kansas City, Missouri; its theme is “Journey to the Heartland.”
PHI staff are among the many culture change experts leading workshops and other events within the conference:
- PHI Coaching & Consulting Services Director Susan Misiorski and PHI Organizational Change Consultant Cean Eppelheimer will join Shelly Williamson of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services to co-facilitate a session called “It’s All About Relationships! A Case Study of Two State Survey Agencies.” This session will discuss leadership development education and its impact in Indiana and Missouri state survey agencies.
- Paycheck to Paycheck, an Emmy-nominated HBO documentary about a certified nursing assistant who struggles to raise her children on her meager paycheck, will be the focus of a “Special Think Tank” session led by PHI Midwest Program and Policy Manager Tameshia Bridges Mansfield. Participants will watch a shortened version of the film and then discuss the issues presented in it.
- PHI Organizational Change Consultant Anna Ortigara will co-facilitate “Nurses Building Relationships for Organizational Transformation,” about the crucial role nurses can play in leading the culture change journey.
- Eppelheimer will lead a session about One Vision: Moving Forward, an initiative in Michigan in which PHI convened long-term care stakeholders to identify and resolve regulatory barriers to person-centered care.
- PHI Organizational Change Consultant Kathy McCollett will join Eppelheimer and Ortigara to lead a session called “Living and Working in Eldercare Communities: Bridging the Generations,” about finding common ground between people of different generations who live and work in long-term care communities.
- Misiorski will join Joanne Rader of Rader Consulting to facilitate a full-day intensive session on “Getting Started (or Re-Started) on Your Culture Change Journey.”
- Ortigara and Christine Mueller, an associate dean at the University of Minnesota‘s School of Nursing, will lead a full-day session on “Nurses and Person-Centered Care: Transforming the Role of the Nurse.”
More information on the conference is available on the Pioneer Network website.
— by Matthew Ozga